Rainbow Watching – Day 7

It was a stormy, windy, rainy night.  It was crazy how hard the wind was blowing. The clouds obscured the sunrise and it was so windy, I swear the coffee blew out of my cup while I was trying to snap a picture for my coffee with a view series.

After breakfast we decided to head down North, visit Millerton School Beach to see if the bromeliads were blooming on the path and stop in Deals at Da Spot for lunch.

Whoa we were in for a surprise at Millerton School Beach when a huge radar appeared.  Our first thought was oh no did they cut down the dilly tree, second thought was did they block off the beach path and our final thought was hmmmm wonder if we will finally be able to see radar for the Bahamas with this thing.  The first two we found out the answer, it make take a while to find out the third.  Dilly tree remains, dillies were on it, just not ripe and the beach path is still available.


There were a lot more bromeliads than in April, but we missed the blooms.

The beach was full of tiny shells, more than we had ever seen here.  If I was a crafter living on island, I would be here picking shells for hours.

After our hike back, we were hit with a rain shower, we drove on to a new place that opened a few months ago, Da Spot right on Deals Beach. The view was great from the back porch and the fried grouper fingers and lobster were good.

We had two more stops to make both in Clarence Town. One was to do a bit of shopping for straw goodies at Ena Major’s shop and the other was the bakery.


At the bakery we purchased a fresh right from the oven loaf of bread and had a lovely chat with the ladies ranging from Bahamas Air to Amazon carts to books.  The owner has a started her own lending library in her shop, might have to bring a few kids books with me on our next trip, to leave here.

We finally arrived back at the house a little after two.  Winds had diminished some. The wind was so strong it moved the deck chairs while we out today.

We were able to sit by the water read and rainbow watch because the wind was less and the rain was staying away.   We kept having the rainbows pop in and out for us.

We spent most of the afternoon here and then realized we might have a chance at seeing the sunset. Once we realized this we got in the car and drove 20 minutes south to Fords to see if we could catch the sunset, we made it with 4 minutes to spare. Of course a cloud bank had settled in so we didn’t actually see the sun set.  Mike did have a good time making a new friend though.

We are hoping tomorrow the winds lessen even more and we can have a long leisurely breakfast down at the gazebo and maybe get a morning beach walk in, fingers crossed.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Blog at WordPress.com.

Up ↑

%d bloggers like this: