That was the kind of day it was…His morning, my morning and then our afternoon and evening.
Mike went for a hike, I stayed home due to a knee injury (nothing serious, hyperextended the knee and strained some muscles). Mike hiked the Kealia Trail (we did this earlier in our stay) to the Makua Overlook.
Mike sums this hike up with:
1. He prefers trails to walking on forest roads
2. He would rather do switchbacks than straight uphill dirt roads
3. Great view overlooking the Makua Valley
4. He has never been called “Sir” so many times in his life. He crossed trails with a group of Army guys working out on the trail. Several men were carrying 35lb Kettlebells. He thanked them all for serving
5. The trail provided nourishment, strawberry quava and unripe lilikoi
Enjoy his photos:
While he was off blazing the trail, I was having my kind of morning. I was sitting around, reading and watching three guys fish off of the reef. It was low tide so the turtles hadn’t arrived yet.
When Mike arrived home, blistered feet and all, we started our afternoon together. We ventured out to lunch at Banzai Sushi Bar in Haleiwa. If we had eaten here earlier in our trip, there would be multiple check in’s on facebook here. We really enjoyed our lunch.
Back to the house to watch turtles. I think I’m turning into the crazy turtle lady, forget ever being the crazy cat lady.
Dinner was succulent pork ribs, thank you VJs butcher shop with fresh Waialua grown green beans. Sorry no picture, we ate it to fast. We enjoyed dessert from our friend’s goodie bag, limoncello and chocolate chip cookies.
Sunset was definitely our time. We missed the past two nights of sunset viewing, we were not going to be missing it tonight. It was a grand day of having our own time and our together time.